Who We Are
At Childress Klein, our mission lies in crafting spaces that inspire. We make this possible by focusing on exceptional customer service, harnessing innovative concepts, and creating fully cohesive end-to-end solutions that set our clients on the path to success.
As one of the largest privately-owned, comprehensive real estate companies in the Southeast, Childress Klein boasts a powerful legacy. We've developed more than 56.6 million square feet of diverse commercial real estate, and proudly hold assets amounting to over $3 billion. Cultivating the values and ethos instilled by our founders, Don Childress and Fred Klein, we're fueled by our dedication to extraordinary customer service, working in synchrony with our clients, and building resilient relationships that withstand the test of time.
Our team is a powerhouse of passionate subject matter experts, all focused on impacting communities through the creation of meaningful and lasting environments. Employing a hands-on approach to development, investment, and management, we ensure client needs and interests remain at the heart of our operations. Motivated by the conviction that memorable experiences pave the way for solid relationships, we blend unrivaled problem-solving capabilities with top-tier project management. This allows us to offer our clients unmatched transparency and trust, creating a partnership like no other.
Our goal is to be one of the most focused, thoughtful and dynamic developers in the area. We will maintain a hands-on approach to the market so we can respond quickly to fast-breaking opportunities.
– Fred W. Klein
- We exist to develop high quality profitable real estate projects, offer the most competent and professional property management possible and provide challenging and rewarding careers for our employees.
- We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities where we live and work. We develop only those projects that contribute to quality growth of our communities.
- Tenants are our most valuable assets. We seek recurring, long-term relationships. To earn those relationships we realize we must work hard and go well beyond the normal scope of services associated with our industry.
- We believe in meritocracy. A person is judged on performance, not on length of employment or background. We believe in promoting from within our organization whenever possible and do so based upon individual competency and achievement.
- We believe in the fundamental dignity and value of each of our employees. We believe that work should be fun and rewarding. We expect our employees to take pride in themselves and in their performance. And we expect our employees to return some measure to the community from which they earn a living through both financial investments and time commitments to charitable, education, and artistic institutions.
- We seek long-term recurring financial relationships with our lenders and financial partners. We accept with serious purpose our fiduciary responsibilities and seek to discharge them properly. We believe our success rests on being innovative and occasionally taking bold steps in the development of new projects. We always seek, however, to finance our projects in a conservative manner to afford maximum protection to our lenders, our employees, and our partners.